“Half Double Crochet” Winter Set – Free Earwarmer PatternEarwarmers . How To's . Patterns - Hats - Adult Women . Patterns-Hats . Video Tutorials
The Half Double Crochet Headwarmer is the third piece in the four-piece winter set using the half double crochet stitch. Super simple yet elegant, and warm, you will really like this. And it can easily be made in one sitting!! Just change out the headwarmer for the beanie and you have a whole new look!!
(I just wanted to let you know that this post contains “affiliate links”. That means that if you click through and make a purchase from any of those links, I will get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for your continued support! You can check my Disclosure page for more information.)
If you would like to learn or review the Half Double Crochet Stitch, just check out my Video Tutorial here!!
The “Half Double Crochet” Winter Set – Headwarmer
(Beanie, Twisted Cowl, Headwarmer,
One Size – Adult
Adult – Woman
Materials Needed: (For the Entire Set!!)
- 1 (7 oz.) (328 yards) skein Bulky (#5) Premier “Puzzle” Yarn; Color: Dominoes (100% Acrylic)
- Crochet Hook, Size J/6.00 mm
- Yarn Needle (Used for working in loose yarn ends.)
Chain – ch
Half Double Crochet – hdc
Gauge: 4 inches = 10 half double crochet stitches and 4 inches = 6 3/4 rows
(I crochet pretty loosely. If you crochet tighter, you may want to adjust to a larger hook to get your desired size.)
Finished Size of Each Headwarmer: (Unstretched) :
5 inches wide x 19 inches long
To make the entire set, you only need one skein of this lovely yarn!!
This headwarmer is perfect for anyone attempting to make their first project!
Row 1: Ch 22.
Row 2: Work 1 hdc in the first ch. Then work 1 hdc in each ch across. Ch 1. Turn. (21 hdc)
Repeat Row 2 until the fabric is 19 inches long.
With right sides together, match the short ends of the fabric and using a the single crochet stitch, seam the two together. Be sure to catch the entire stitch on both layers of fabrics when creating the single crochet. You should get 21 sc when making the seam. Ch 1.
Fasten off. Work in ends.
Turn headwarmer so the the seam is on the inside.
Your headwarmer is ready to wear!!
Enjoy your lovely new headwarmer!
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
Welcome to “Lakeview Cottage Kids”
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, and crocheter behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!
- Blankets and Afghans (19)
- Blog Hops (5)
- Crochetpreneur Business Academy (1)
- Earwarmers (1)
- Fleece Linings for Hats (3)
- How To's (10)
- Inspirational Quotes (1)
- Link Parties (2)
- News (127)
- Pattern-Coffee Cozies (2)
- Patterns – All Sizes (9)
- Patterns – Autumn (6)
- Patterns – Blankets and Afghans (20)
- Patterns – Christmas (1)
- Patterns – Decor (16)
- Patterns – Dishcloths and Hot Pads (2)
- Patterns – Embellishments (7)
- Patterns – Gloves, Mittens, Wristwarmers, Fingerless Gloves (3)
- Patterns – Hats – Adult Women (14)
- Patterns – Hats – Baby (19)
- Patterns – Hats – Children (9)
- Patterns – Purses (3)
- Patterns – Scrunchies (2)
- Patterns – Valentine's Day (2)
- Patterns-Baskets (1)
- Patterns-Cowls (22)
- Patterns-Hats (15)
- Patterns-Scarves (22)
- Patterns-Shawls and Wraps (4)
- Ready Made Hats (1)
- Roundups (7)
- Video Tutorials (16)
- The “Autumn Day Cowl” – Free Now
- Would you like to be a Pattern Tester for Lakeview Cottage Kids?
- October Is SO BUSY!!!!! The “October Fall Fashion Blog Hop” is Coming, Too!!!!
- The “Autumn Exclusives” Blog Hop is Coming in October!!
- The “Hope” Beanie | The Crochet Cancer Challenge Starts October 1, 2021!!!!
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- July 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- March 2018
- November 2017
- July 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
- **Start Here**
- Free Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Video Tutorials
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- My account
- Disclosure Page
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- My Etsy Shop
- My Amazon Shop
- Pattern Tester Application Page