“Half Double Crochet” Winter Set – Free Earwarmer PatternEarwarmers . How To's . Patterns - Hats - Adult Women . Patterns-Hats . Video Tutorials
The Half Double Crochet Headwarmer is the third piece in the four-piece winter set using the half double crochet stitch. Super simple yet elegant, and warm, you will really like this. And it can easily be made in one sitting!! Just change out the headwarmer for the beanie and you have a whole new look!!
(I just wanted to let you know that this post contains “affiliate links”. That means that if you click through and make a purchase from any of those links, I will get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for your continued support! You can check my Disclosure page for more information.)
If you would like to learn or review the Half Double Crochet Stitch, just check out my Video Tutorial here!!
If you would like an ad-free version of the patterns, be sure to check out my Etsy Shop. All four patterns are included for. $5.50.
The “Half Double Crochet” Winter Set – Headwarmer
(Beanie, Twisted Cowl, Headwarmer,
One Size – Adult
Adult – Woman
Materials Needed: (For the Entire Set!!)
- 1 (7 oz.) (328 yards) skein Bulky (#5) Premier “Puzzle” Yarn; Color: Dominoes (100% Acrylic)
- Crochet Hook, Size J/6.00 mm
- Yarn Needle (Used for working in loose yarn ends.)
Chain – ch
Half Double Crochet – hdc
Gauge: 4 inches = 10 half double crochet stitches and 4 inches = 6 3/4 rows
(I crochet pretty loosely. If you crochet tighter, you may want to adjust to a larger hook to get your desired size.)
Finished Size of Each Headwarmer: (Unstretched) :
5 inches wide x 19 inches long
To make the entire set, you only need one skein of this lovely yarn!!
This headwarmer is perfect for anyone attempting to make their first project!
Row 1: Ch 22.
Row 2: Work 1 hdc in the first ch. Then work 1 hdc in each ch across. Ch 1. Turn. (21 hdc)
Repeat Row 2 until the fabric is 19 inches long.
With right sides together, match the short ends of the fabric and using a the single crochet stitch, seam the two together. Be sure to catch the entire stitch on both layers of fabrics when creating the single crochet. You should get 21 sc when making the seam. Ch 1.
Fasten off. Work in ends.
Turn headwarmer so the the seam is on the inside.
Your headwarmer is ready to wear!!
Enjoy your lovely new headwarmer!
Written by lakeviewcottagekids
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
- Get Your Free Copy of The Winter Ice Dischcloth Pattern on January 24th, 2023
- Get This Beautiful Bulky Scarf Pattern for FREE January 4, 2023!!
- And, The New Year’s Resolution Blog Hop Starts Tomorrow, January 1, 2023, too!!!
- Coming on January 1, 2023!! The Winter Washcloth Series Blog Hop!!
- New Christmas Stocking with Bobbles Pattern
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
Take a Look Around!
- **Start Here**
- A Little About Me!!
- Autumn Crochet Projects
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- Baby Hat Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Projects
- Coming Soon
- Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Disclosure Page
- Easter Crochet Projects
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- Fun Patterns for All Seasons!!
- Holiday Projects
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Learn New Crochet Stitches
- My Amazon Shop
- My Etsy Shop
- My LoveCrafts Shop
- My Podcasts
- My Ravelry Store
- Pattern Tester Application Page
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Projects
- Summer Crochet Projects
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Projects
- Video Tutorials
More Places To Connect!
Grab a Button!!!
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, crocheter and CEO behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!
Leave a Reply