Today I am introducing a fun and stylish scarf pattern! It’s called the “Waffle Scarf with Poms”. It is created using the “Waffle Stitch” and even though it looks like a complicated stitch, it is really very easy! Please check out my YouTube Video Tutorial Here to see how it is done!
My scarf is made using an I (5.50 mm) hook and Wool Ease Yarn (#4). It works up so easy and very quickly!
I really like this one and I think I will be wearing mine a lot this winter! Enjoy!
Big Announcement: November 9th begins a new Winter Fashion Blog Hop at the “E’Claire Makery” Blog!!! Each day from November 9 – 30, a new pattern will be featured. The patterns include all kinds of garments and fashion accessories, like scarves, cowls, and mittens. My lovely “Waffle Scarf with Poms” will be featured on November 20th.
When a pattern is featured it will be free on Ravelry using the Coupon Code provided at the “E’Claire Makery” Blog! Be sure to visit there to get the coupon code and then click on the button that I will provide to go to the pattern in my store. Use the coupon and get your free ad-free PDF pattern!! Fun and simple and so nice to get all of these beautiful patterns for free!! Lots of nice ideas for Christmas presents!!
“The Waffle Scarf with Poms”
(A Super Snuggly and Squishy Scarf for this Winter!)
Crochet Scarf with Pompon Embellishments
One Size – Adult
Designed By: Christine Longe of Lakeview Cottage Kids
The photographs and patterns included in this document are the property of Lakeview Cottage Kids.
Any reproduction, copying or sharing of this pattern or photo is not allowed. Items made using this pattern may be sold, but please give credit to Lakeview Cottage Kids.
Lakeview Cottage Kids
One Size Adult – Woman
Measurements of Scarf When Finished: Approximately 78 inches x 7.5 inches
(You can adjust the width of this scarf by adding more chains. The Chain Multiple for this stitch is 3 plus 4.)
- 3 (3-oz.) skeins Lion Brand Wool Ease Yarn (#4 weight); Color: Oxford Grey
- 1 (3-oz.) skein Lion Brand Wool Ease Yarn (#4 weight); Color: Blush Heather
- Crochet Hook, Size I/5.50 mm
– Pompon Maker
– Small Yarn Needle (Used for working in loose yarn ends.)
(I crochet pretty loosely. If you crochet tighter, you may want to adjust to a larger hook to get your desired size.)
Using the I Hook, Chain 19.
Row 1: In the second chain from the hook, work a double crochet. Work a double crochet in each of the chains across the row. Ch 1. Turn. (18dc)
Row 2: Work 1 dc in the first stitch under the ch. *Work a front post double crochet (FPDC) into the next stitch, work 1 dc into each of the next 2 stitches*. Repeat from * to * until you reach the last 2 stitches. Then work front post double crochet in the next stitch and a double crochet in the last stitch. Ch 1. Turn. (18 st).
Row 3: Work 1 double crochet in the first stitch under the chain. *Work a double crochet in the next stitch. Work a front post double crochet in each of the next two stitches.*. Repeat from * to * until you reach the last two stitches. Double crochet in each of the last two stitches. (18 st)
Repeat Rows 2 and 3 until your scarf reaches a length of approximately 78 inches. (Of course you can make it whatever length you desire. I like a long scarf so I can wrap it around my neck and still have a good length hanging down on both ends.)
Fasten off yarn and work in loose ends.
Using a pompon maker, make 4 pompons. Tie one on each corner of the scarf and work in ends into the pompon using a yarn needle.
Enjoy your beautiful, stylish and snuggly warm scarf!!
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
Welcome to “Lakeview Cottage Kids”
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, and crocheter behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!
- Blankets and Afghans (19)
- Blog Hops (5)
- Crochetpreneur Business Academy (1)
- Earwarmers (1)
- Fleece Linings for Hats (3)
- How To's (10)
- Inspirational Quotes (1)
- Link Parties (2)
- News (127)
- Pattern-Coffee Cozies (2)
- Patterns – All Sizes (9)
- Patterns – Autumn (5)
- Patterns – Blankets and Afghans (20)
- Patterns – Christmas (1)
- Patterns – Decor (16)
- Patterns – Dishcloths and Hot Pads (2)
- Patterns – Embellishments (7)
- Patterns – Gloves, Mittens, Wristwarmers, Fingerless Gloves (3)
- Patterns – Hats – Adult Women (14)
- Patterns – Hats – Baby (19)
- Patterns – Hats – Children (9)
- Patterns – Purses (3)
- Patterns – Scrunchies (2)
- Patterns – Valentine's Day (2)
- Patterns-Baskets (1)
- Patterns-Cowls (21)
- Patterns-Hats (15)
- Patterns-Scarves (21)
- Patterns-Shawls and Wraps (4)
- Ready Made Hats (1)
- Roundups (7)
- Video Tutorials (16)
- Would you like to be a Pattern Tester for Lakeview Cottage Kids?
- October Is SO BUSY!!!!! The “October Fall Fashion Blog Hop” is Coming, Too!!!!
- The “Autumn Exclusives” Blog Hop is Coming in October!!
- The “Hope” Beanie | The Crochet Cancer Challenge Starts October 1, 2021!!!!
- The “Crochet Cancer Challenge 2021” Is Almost Here!!!!
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- July 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- March 2018
- November 2017
- July 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
- **Start Here**
- Free Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Video Tutorials
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- My account
- Disclosure Page
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- My Etsy Shop
- My Amazon Shop
- Pattern Tester Application Page