This is So Pretty and the Texture is Amazing!!!Patterns - Autumn . Patterns-Shawls and Wraps
This is such a cool pattern. I designed it using only the “Waffle” stitch. And, I am loving the lovely, squishy texture that the stitch brings to the design. And, I LOVE this yarn. It is Red Heart “Roll With It Milange” and the color is called “Curtain Call”. It is beautifu! The colors mirror the beautiful fall colors that we have been experiencing all over our beautiful state this fall. I made my wrap quite long (70 inches) but you can definitely make it as long as you would like. I hope you create your own Autumn Wrap. I think you will enjoy making it and you will definitely love wearing it.
“Autumn Wrap” Shawl
Designed By: Christine Longe of Lakeview Cottage Kids
Here is the “Autumn Wrap” Shawl pattern! At first glance it looks complicated, but the Waffle Stitch is quite easy to make and is such a perfect wrap for fall!. This is the perfect shawl that reflects the lovely colors and textures of the season.
The photographs and patterns included in this document are the property of Lakeview Cottage Kids. Any reproduction, copying or sharing of this pattern or photo is not allowed. Items made using this pattern may be sold, but please give credit to Lakeview Cottage Kids.
Lakeview Cottage Kids
Copyright November 2022
*****I recommend that before starting your project, be sure to read the entire pattern so that you don’t run into any surprises and that you know exactly what materials are needed and what the pattern involves.*****
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Size: One Size (15.5 inches wide x 70 inches long)
Yarnspirations Red Heart “Roll With It Milange” 100% Acrylic yarn, (#4 weight) Color: Curtain Call
Each cake is 5.29 oz/389 yards (150 g/(356 m)
Machine wash, gentle, on warm. Tumble dry on low. Do not over dry. Do not iron. Do not bleach.
The color and amount used in this blanket are:
Total Amount of Yarn for the Shawl:
- Color A (I used “Curtain Call” – 1167 yds. (3 cakes)
– Crochet Hook: Size “G” (4.25 mm)
- Yarn Needle (Used for working in loose yarn ends.)
- Finished Size: Approximately 15.5 inches wide x 70 inches long
- This pattern uses US Crochet Terminology
Stitches Used in the Pattern:
– ch = chain
– dc = double crochet
– fpdc = front post double crochet
Stitch Multiple: 3 + 4
(You can adjust the size of your shawl by using this stitch multiple to make your shawl as wide as you want.)
4 inches = 5 “squares” across x 4 “squares” down
Row 1: Dc in the 2nd ch from the hook and in each ch across the row. Ch 1. Turn. (69 st)
Row 2: Work a dc in the first stitch (the one under the Ch 1). *Work 1 fpdc in the next stitch. Work 1 dc in each of the next 2 dc.* Repeat from * to * across the row until you have 2 st left. Work a fpdc in the next stitch. Work a dc in the last st. Ch 1. Turn. (69 st)
Row 3: Work 1 dc in the stitch under the Ch 1. *Dc in the next st, fpdc in each of the next 2 st*. Repeat from * to * across the row until 2 stitches are remaining. Work a dc in each of the last 2 stitches. Ch 1. Turn.
Repeat Rows 2 and 3 until the shawl measures 70 inches (or the length that you like.) End your shawl with Row 3.
Fasten off and weave in the loose ends.
Finished!!! Enjoy your lovely shawl!!!
Best Wishes and Stay Cozy!!!
Written by lakeviewcottagekids
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
- Get Your Free Copy of The Winter Ice Dischcloth Pattern on January 24th, 2023
- Get This Beautiful Bulky Scarf Pattern for FREE January 4, 2023!!
- And, The New Year’s Resolution Blog Hop Starts Tomorrow, January 1, 2023, too!!!
- Coming on January 1, 2023!! The Winter Washcloth Series Blog Hop!!
- New Christmas Stocking with Bobbles Pattern
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
Take a Look Around!
- **Start Here**
- A Little About Me!!
- Autumn Crochet Projects
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- Baby Hat Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Projects
- Coming Soon
- Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Disclosure Page
- Easter Crochet Projects
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- Fun Patterns for All Seasons!!
- Holiday Projects
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Learn New Crochet Stitches
- My Amazon Shop
- My Etsy Shop
- My LoveCrafts Shop
- My Podcasts
- My Ravelry Store
- Pattern Tester Application Page
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Projects
- Summer Crochet Projects
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Projects
- Video Tutorials
More Places To Connect!
Grab a Button!!!
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, crocheter and CEO behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!