My New “Summer Dishcloth Series” Has Begun!!!Patterns - Decor . Patterns - Dishcloths and Hot Pads
I am so excited to announce that I have launched “My Summer Dishcloth Series” of dishcloth/washcloth patterns. As of this posting, I have 3 patterns posted here and will continue addint new patterns to the collection throughout July. These patterns are so perfect for the beginner crocheter or for anyone wanting to try a new stitch/stitch pattern.
The written directions will be posted here on my blog and the accompanying Video Tutorial for each dishcloth will be on my YouTube Channel!
The patterns start out as very basic and will move to a little more complicated stitch combinations. But, all will be very doable for a beginner and advanced beginner!
This is a question that I think a lot of people ask. And there are a few reasons for choosing to design and make them.
- Dishcloths make a quick, easy and very nice gift. They can be added to a kitchen gift for a bridal or housewarming party. They can be added to a “spa” basket for a bridal shower or birthday party. The oh-so-soft washcloths can be added to a baby shower present to be used at bathtime for that new little one.
- Dishcloths/washcloths are a wonderful gift to yourself. It just makes you feel good to have a new dishcloth in the kitchen. Make them to coordinate with your room and even make dishtowels, scrubbies and hot pads to go with them. You can also make yourself your own “spa” package to use in your bubble bath or just for when you are getting ready in the morning!
- Dishcloths make the perfect practice project. If you are a beginner and want a small project to make or to learn and practice a new stitch combination, the dishcloth is the perfect solution. If you are an experienced crocheter, dishcloths are a great project to learn a new stitch and then practice it without investing a large amount of time or yarn into it. It’s perfect!!
So, for all those reasons, I am offering my Summer of 2022 Dishcloth/Washclth Series of Patterns. I hope you check them out and enjoy making them!!
The first pattern is called the “Basic Background” Discloth.
And here is the pattern!
If you make one, or many, I would love to see what you make. Please post pictures here in the comments under the post, in the comments section on my YouTube Video Tutorial, or in my Facebook Group! You can also post on Instagram using the hashtag #lakeviewcottagekidsdishcloths.
So, let’s begin!!! Here is the first pattern in the series!!
The Summer Dishcloth Series
“The Basic Background Dishcloth”
Designed By: Christine Longe of Lakeview Cottage Kids
Here is “The Basic Background Dishcloth” pattern! It is one of the dishcloth patterns that is part of my Summer 2022 Dishcloth Pattern Series. It is a quick and easy pattern so that you can whip up a lovely and functional project in a very short time. Perfect to use yourself as a dishcloth or washcloth or to give as a gift of kitchen items or as an addition to a “spa” gift basket!!
The photographs and patterns included in this document are the property of Lakeview Cottage Kids. Any reproduction, copying or sharing of this pattern or photo is not allowed. Items made using this pattern may be sold, but please give credit to Lakeview Cottage Kids.
Lakeview Cottage Kids
Skill Level: Beginner
Size: One Size (7 inches x 7 inches)
– Approximately 60 yards of Big Twist Cotton Yarn (85% cotton and 15% polyester). #4 weight yarn. (96 yards/88m and 1.94 oz/55 g per skein). The color is called “Multi Rosy Cheeks”.
– Crochet Hook: Size “H” (5.00 mm)
– Yarn Needle (Used for working in loose yarn ends.)
Finished Size: Approximately 7 inches x 7 inches
This pattern uses US Crochet Terminology
Stitches Used in the Pattern:
– ch = chain
– sc = single crochet
4 inch square = 14 single crochet stitches across and 14 rows down
To create this stitch, you must have a Chain Multiple of 2 + 1.
Chain 25 chains.
Row 1: In the second chain from the hook, work 1 sc. Sc in each chain across. Ch 1. Turn. (24 st)
Row 2: Skip the first stitch. In the second stitch, work 2 sc (in the same stitch). *Skip a stitch and work 2 sc in the next sc. *Skip a stitch. Work 2 sc in the next stitch.* Repeat from * to * across the row. Be sure to end with 2 sc in the very last stitch. Ch 1. Turn. (24 st)
Row 3 – 25: Repeat Row 2. (24 st)
Fasten off. Weave in ends.
You are done! Enjoy your new creation!!
Best Wishes and Stay Cozy!!!
Written by lakeviewcottagekids
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
- Get Your Free Copy of The Winter Ice Dischcloth Pattern on January 24th, 2023
- Get This Beautiful Bulky Scarf Pattern for FREE January 4, 2023!!
- And, The New Year’s Resolution Blog Hop Starts Tomorrow, January 1, 2023, too!!!
- Coming on January 1, 2023!! The Winter Washcloth Series Blog Hop!!
- New Christmas Stocking with Bobbles Pattern
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
Take a Look Around!
- **Start Here**
- A Little About Me!!
- Autumn Crochet Projects
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- Baby Hat Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Projects
- Coming Soon
- Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Disclosure Page
- Easter Crochet Projects
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- Fun Patterns for All Seasons!!
- Holiday Projects
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Learn New Crochet Stitches
- My Amazon Shop
- My Etsy Shop
- My LoveCrafts Shop
- My Podcasts
- My Ravelry Store
- Pattern Tester Application Page
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Projects
- Summer Crochet Projects
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Projects
- Video Tutorials
More Places To Connect!
Grab a Button!!!
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, crocheter and CEO behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!