The New “Pansy” C2C SquareNews . Patterns - Blankets and Afghans
Pansies, pansies, and more pansies! I love them. So when I was invited to join a Crochet Along where a blanket of flower designs would be featured, I jumped at the chance.
In the previous post, I wrote about this Crochet Along that is being hosted by Claire at the E’Claire Makery blog. 10 different crochet designers have come together to design the most gorgeous blanket. And, my submission to the blanket, was my Pansy. The pattern is now available for purchase! You will get all of the patterns for each square. And, not only could you use them for the blanket, each square would be perfect for a coordinating pillow! Just click on the button below to purchase the pattern!!!
In the above photo, you first see my crochet design worked up in the assorted violet and purple yarns. And, right below it, you see a picture of the real pansy that inspired the design. Of course, pansies come in a huge array of beautiful color combinations, but I chose to list the purple variations in the chart and written directions. But, you could make this pattern in your own choice of colors, and the results would be spectacular, I’m sure. I am actually picturing making my own blanket in pattern squares featuring pansies of many different color combinations and creating a blanket of just pansies. How beautiful would that be…..a garden of just pansies!!
Well, here is the FREE C2C chart for my Pansy C2C Square!! I hope you try it and I would love to see what you come up with!
If you would like to get the ad-free printable PDF file of the pattern that includes not only the chart, but also the written instructions, please click on either one of the buttons below to purchase it in my Etsy Shop or Ravelry Store. (The pattern will be available in my shops starting on May 23, 2022.)
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Size: One Size (18 inches x 18 inches)
– Paintbox Yarns Aran (201 yds/184m, 3.5oz, 100%
acrylic) or other worsted weight yarn in 7 colors:
– White Purple
– Blue Purple
Regarding amounts: 1 skein each of the PaintBox Yarns should be fine. The only exception is the Yellow. It uses just a few yards to complete the center of the pansy;.
(The colors listed above are not the exact names of the Paintbox Yarns – I recommend the you choose the ones that most appeal to you!)
Hook: Size “H” – 5 mm
- This pattern uses US Crochet Terminology.
- A knowledge of the C2C crochet technique is expected for this pattern.
- Each square on the chart counts for one C2C
- The chart is ready starting at the bottom right and worked diagonally to the upper left.
Stitches Used in the Pattern:
– ch = chain
– sl st = slip stitch
– hdc = double crochet
Gauge: 4” x 4” square = 6 hdc C2C squares x 6 hdc C2C squares
Written by lakeviewcottagekids
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
- Get Your Free Copy of The Winter Ice Dischcloth Pattern on January 24th, 2023
- Get This Beautiful Bulky Scarf Pattern for FREE January 4, 2023!!
- And, The New Year’s Resolution Blog Hop Starts Tomorrow, January 1, 2023, too!!!
- Coming on January 1, 2023!! The Winter Washcloth Series Blog Hop!!
- New Christmas Stocking with Bobbles Pattern
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
Take a Look Around!
- **Start Here**
- A Little About Me!!
- Autumn Crochet Projects
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- Baby Hat Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Projects
- Coming Soon
- Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Disclosure Page
- Easter Crochet Projects
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- Fun Patterns for All Seasons!!
- Holiday Projects
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Learn New Crochet Stitches
- My Amazon Shop
- My Etsy Shop
- My LoveCrafts Shop
- My Podcasts
- My Ravelry Store
- Pattern Tester Application Page
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Projects
- Summer Crochet Projects
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Projects
- Video Tutorials
More Places To Connect!
Grab a Button!!!
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, crocheter and CEO behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!