A New FREE Pattern Set!!!Crochet Coaster Patterns . Patterns - Decor . Patterns - Dishcloths and Hot Pads
Have you been looking for a cute, fast and easy to make hostess gift? Or maybe you are just in the mood for making yourself a little something new?
Well, I think you may want to try this pattern!! It actually can be a pattern that can be gifted for two different purposes! I call it the “Simple is Best Dishcloth and Coaster Set”.
First, and the way I usually give this, is as a dishcloth and coaster set. That is pictured above. But, you can also gift it as a “spa” related gift…a facecloth and scrubbie. When given like this, you can add a bar of lovely facial soap all wrapped together with a lovely bow.
Either way you present it, this is a lovely gift and is so quick and easy to put together.
I am including both of the patterns here, but you can purchase the “Easy to Print” PDF of the patterns in my Etsy and Ravelry Stores. Just click the buttons to get to the pattern!!
So, without further delay, here is the pattern!!
Crochet Dishcloth and Coaster Set
“Simple is Best Dishcloth and Coaster Set”
Designed By: Christine Longe of Lakeview Cottage Kids
The photographs and patterns included in this document are the property of Lakeview Cottage Kids. Any reproduction, copying or sharing of this pattern or photo is not allowed.
Items made using this pattern may be sold, but please give credit to Lakeview Cottage Kids.
Lakeview Cottage Kids
Skill Level: Beginner
Size: One Size Coaster; One Size Dishcloth
– K + C Essential Cotton Yarn (available at Joann’s)
– 62.4 yards for the dish cloth (1 dish cloth)
– 15.6 yards for the coaster. (1 coaster)
– Crochet Hook: Size “G” (4.50 mm)
– Tapestry Needle (Used for working in loose yarn ends.)
Coaster: Approximately 4 inches x 4 inches
Dishcloth: Approximately 8 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches
Stitches/Abbreviations Used in the Pattern: (US Terms)
– ch = chain
– esc = extended single crochet
– sc = single crochet
*** Extended Single Crochet – Insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull up loop. Yarn over and pull through one loop. Yarn over and pull through 2 loops.
*** The Ch 1 counts as a stitch in each row.
Gauge: 4 inches = 14 stitches x 10 rows
- Chain 30
- Row 1: In second stitch from the hook, work 1 extended single crochet. Work 1 extended single crochet in each stitch all the way across the row. Ch 1. Turn. (29 st)
- Row 2: In first stitch (not the stitch directly under the Ch 1) and in each stitch across, work 1 extended single crochet. Ch 1. Turn. (29 st)
- Row 3 – 22: Repeat Row 2. (29 st)
- Row 23: Slip stitch in each stitch across the row. (29 st)
- Fasten off and weave in ends. Done!!
I love making these for myself, but also for hostess gifts!
- Row 1: In second stitch from the hook, work 1 extended single crochet. Work 1 extended single crochet in each stitch all the way across the row. Ch 1. Turn. (15 st)
- Row 2: In first stitch (not the stitch directly under the Ch 1) and in each stitch across, work 1 extended single crochet. Ch 1. Turn. (15 st)
- Row 3 – 10: Repeat Row 2. (15 st)
- Fasten off and weave in ends. Done!!
Your lovely dish cloth and coaster set is complete and ready for that special gift or for you to use yourself!
I would love to see your final project! Just snap a photo of your project and post it on my Facebook Page or on Instagram using the hashtag #lakeviewcottagekids
Best Wishes and Stay Cozy,
Written by lakeviewcottagekids
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
- Get Your Free Copy of The Winter Ice Dischcloth Pattern on January 24th, 2023
- Get This Beautiful Bulky Scarf Pattern for FREE January 4, 2023!!
- And, The New Year’s Resolution Blog Hop Starts Tomorrow, January 1, 2023, too!!!
- Coming on January 1, 2023!! The Winter Washcloth Series Blog Hop!!
- New Christmas Stocking with Bobbles Pattern
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
Take a Look Around!
- **Start Here**
- A Little About Me!!
- Autumn Crochet Projects
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- Baby Hat Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Projects
- Coming Soon
- Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Disclosure Page
- Easter Crochet Projects
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- Fun Patterns for All Seasons!!
- Holiday Projects
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Learn New Crochet Stitches
- My Amazon Shop
- My Etsy Shop
- My LoveCrafts Shop
- My Podcasts
- My Ravelry Store
- Pattern Tester Application Page
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Projects
- Summer Crochet Projects
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Projects
- Video Tutorials
More Places To Connect!
Grab a Button!!!
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, crocheter and CEO behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!