The Lakeview Cottage Kids Podcast – Episode 3 – Supplemental MaterialsNews . Podcast Information
The sleigh ride was great, the soup was delicious and now here is the recipe for the “Berry Crumble”! Be sure to post pics here in the comments or use the hashtag #lakeviewcottagekidsdesserts on Instagram or post in my Facebook page! I hope you try this one. Quick, easy and so yummy!!
(As described in The Lakeview Cottage Kids Podcast – Episode 3)
So yummy when served warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!!!
2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen berries, thawed and drained (could be blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or a mix of some or all)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
Cream, whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small to medium bowl, mix together the berries and sugar. Let this mixture stand at room temperature until a fruit syrup forms. If berries are thawed or fresh, this will take 20 – 30 min. (I usually just keep stirring and crushing the berries and then it goes a lot faster.).
In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Then stir in the melted butter until all is blended. Spread in an uncreased 8-inch square pan. Then spoon the fruit mixture on top of the batter. Leave space between spoonfuls of the berry mixture.
Bake 50 minutes. Dough will rise and should turn golden brown. Serve warm with the whipped cream or ice cream.
We have made this in our house for decades. But, I think it is a variation of a Betty Crocker recipe.
Best Wishes and Stay Cozy!!
Written by lakeviewcottagekids
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
- Get Your Free Copy of The Winter Ice Dischcloth Pattern on January 24th, 2023
- Get This Beautiful Bulky Scarf Pattern for FREE January 4, 2023!!
- And, The New Year’s Resolution Blog Hop Starts Tomorrow, January 1, 2023, too!!!
- Coming on January 1, 2023!! The Winter Washcloth Series Blog Hop!!
- New Christmas Stocking with Bobbles Pattern
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
Take a Look Around!
- **Start Here**
- A Little About Me!!
- Autumn Crochet Projects
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- Baby Hat Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Projects
- Coming Soon
- Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Disclosure Page
- Easter Crochet Projects
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- Fun Patterns for All Seasons!!
- Holiday Projects
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Learn New Crochet Stitches
- My Amazon Shop
- My Etsy Shop
- My LoveCrafts Shop
- My Podcasts
- My Ravelry Store
- Pattern Tester Application Page
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Projects
- Summer Crochet Projects
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Projects
- Video Tutorials
More Places To Connect!
Grab a Button!!!
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, crocheter and CEO behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!