The “November Gift” Blog Hop Starts Monday, November 1stBlog Hops . Christmas Crochet . News . Patterns - Hats - Adult Women . Patterns-Cowls
It’s time for the “November Gift” Blog Hop!!! It is sponsored by Claire at the “E’Claire Makery” blog!! She always does such a nice job and once again she has a wonderful line up of patterns that use approximately a skein or two of yarn and can be made quickly for lovely Christmas gifts.
The blog hop starts November 1 and runs through November 30. Each day 1 pattern will be featured and will be available with the appropriate Coupon Code which will be available on her blog. Don’t miss one pattern! They are great!
BUT, if you do miss a pattern, or if you would like all the patterns before they are featured, a pattern BUNDLE is available. The cost will be $18 and the bundle will include all 30 patterns! Just click on the Buttons here to purchase the bundle!
Just to let you know, I will be featured with my “Annabelle Beanie and Cowl” (pictured above) on November 11th. It is so warm and comfy, made with bulky yarn and large hook! It’s the perfect Christmas gift! So cute!!
So, enjoy this fun blog hop and I hope you find loads of patterns that you can use to make lovely crochet Christmas gifts this year!
My contribution to the blog hop, as I’ve already said, is the “Annabelle Beanie and Cowl” Set!! And, here on the blog I am listing the “Annabelle Cowl” pattern. The ad-free Beanie and Cowl PDF patterns are available as a set in my Ravelry Store using the Coupon Code.
The inspiration for this lovely pattern was to create a beautiful, quick and warm Christmas gift. And, I think I have accomplished that. Both pieces work up so fast and the finished product will be a gift that you will be so proud to give to family members and/or friends.
The yarn that I chose is Lion Brand “Wool Ease Thick and Quick” yarn. It is a #5 Bulky yarn that makes the perfect winter beanie and cowl set.
The lovely cowl pattern is printed below.
Click the button below to visit my Ravelry Store to get both the Cowl and Beanie patterns. To get the pattern set for FREE on November 11, 2021 you must first visit the E’Claire Makery blog to get the Coupon Code. Then click the button below and use the code and you will get the patterns for free.
“Annabelle Beanie and Cowl” Pattern
Crochet Beanie (Adult Woman)
Adult Woman Size – One Size Fits Most
(This pattern contains “affiliate links”. Check my Disclosure page on my blog for more information.)
Adult – One Size Fits Most
Gauge: 4 – inch square of pattern = 7 st x 7 rows
Slip Stitch – sl st
Chain Stitch – ch
Single Crochet – sc
Single Crochet in the Back Loop Only – scblo
Half Double Crochet – hdc
Half Double Crochet in the Back Loop Only – hdc blo
This pattern uses US Crochet Terminology.
(The link I have provided below, if you click on the yarn, goes to Amazon where you can purchase the exact yarn that I used to design this pattern. It is the yarn featured in the photos here.)
– (Yarn Amount Needed for the Cowl) – 64 yards of Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick Yarn. The color is called “Fisherman”. (Each skein has 106 yards/97 m, 6 oz/170 g. The yarn contains 86% acrylic, 10% wool and 4% rayon. It is Washable and Dryable.)
- Crochet Hook, Size “N”/9.00 mm
- Stitch Marker
- Yarn Needle (Used for working in loose yarn ends and attaching “snap on” faux fur pompon.)
- Tape Measure
(This makes a lovely close fitting cowl that is so easy to wear and keeps the wearer nice and warm. You will love it!)
Using “N”/9.00 mm Hook
Slip stitch to first chain to create a circle. (Do Not twist the chain.)
Round 1: Work 1 sc in the first chain and in each chain around. Sl st to first sc. Ch 1. Do not turn.
Round 2: Work 1 scblo in the first sc and in each sc around. Place a stitch marker.
(From this point, work continuously…. Do not slip stitch to first stitch of the row. Continue working scblo in the next scblo and in each stitch around. Keep moving stitch marker to end of each row. This helps you keep track of each row).
Round 3 – 11: Repeat Round 2 for a total of 11 rows (7 inches).
Fasten off and weave in ends.
More Hats That You Might Love!!
- The “Door County Days” Beanie
- The “Up North” Beanie
- “Katie Beanie with Faux Fur Pompon”
- “Alexa” Beanie
- “Blackberry Tweed” Beanie and Cowl Set
- The “Hope” Beanie
Best Wishes and Stay Cozy!!
Written by lakeviewcottagekids
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
- Get Your Free Copy of The Winter Ice Dischcloth Pattern on January 24th, 2023
- Get This Beautiful Bulky Scarf Pattern for FREE January 4, 2023!!
- And, The New Year’s Resolution Blog Hop Starts Tomorrow, January 1, 2023, too!!!
- Coming on January 1, 2023!! The Winter Washcloth Series Blog Hop!!
- New Christmas Stocking with Bobbles Pattern
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
Take a Look Around!
- **Start Here**
- A Little About Me!!
- Autumn Crochet Projects
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- Baby Hat Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Projects
- Coming Soon
- Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Disclosure Page
- Easter Crochet Projects
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- Fun Patterns for All Seasons!!
- Holiday Projects
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Learn New Crochet Stitches
- My Amazon Shop
- My Etsy Shop
- My LoveCrafts Shop
- My Podcasts
- My Ravelry Store
- Pattern Tester Application Page
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Projects
- Summer Crochet Projects
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Projects
- Video Tutorials
More Places To Connect!
Grab a Button!!!
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, crocheter and CEO behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!