Last Minute “Mother’s Day” Gift!Patterns - Dishcloths and Hot Pads
Life gets so busy and there are so many things that fill our schedules! And, all of a sudden, special occasions are here and we aren’t quite ready. That happens to me way too often, even though I am getting better at being more organized.
So, if that has happened to you, and you aren’t quite ready with your Mother’s Day gift, I have a suggestion for a last minute gift. My new pattern set, the “Sunshine Dishcloth and Trivet” Set is so bright and cheery and is very easy and quick to make. It uses Lily “Sugar ‘n Cream” yarn and easy crochet stitches…..single crochet, half double crochet, and single crochet back loop only.
These little projects are fun to give to your mom, or to yourself!
So, here are my new free patterns! Hope you like them and have time to try them out!! If you do make some, I would love it if you would post pictures of your completed projects on Instagram using the hashtag #lakeviewcottagekids.
Lakeview Cottage Kids
Cute and Cozy Items for Kids and Those Who Love Them
The “Sunshine Dishcloth”
Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
(I just wanted to let you know that this post contains “affiliate links”. That means that if you click through and make a purchase from any of those links, I will get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for your continued support! You can check my Disclosure page for more information.)
Designed By: Christine Longe of Lakeview Cottage Kids
The photographs and patterns included in this document are the property of Lakeview Cottage Kids. Any reproduction, copying or sharing of this pattern is not allowed. Items made using this pattern may be sold, but please give credit to Lakeview Cottage Kids.
Lakeview Cottage Kids
– 1 (3 oz.) skein Aran weight (#4) yarn, Lily “Sugar ’n Cream Ombre, (Color – Soleil) by Yarnspirations
(This yarn is 100% Cotton Yarn; Machine Washable and Dryable.)
– Crochet Hook, Size H/5.00 mm
– Yarn Needle (Used for working in loose yarn ends.)
Chain Stitch – ch
Single Crochet – sc
Single Crochet Back Loop Only – sable
Half Double Crochet – hdc
Gauge: 4 – inch square = 9 rows of half double crochet stitches and 12 half double crochet stitches in a 4 inch row
Finished Size: (Square) 8.5 inches x 8.5 inches
Dish Cloth Pattern
Using the “H” Hook, Ch 28.
Row 1: Sc in the 2nd ch from the hook. Then sc in each chain across the row. Ch 1. Turn. (27 st)
Row 2: Sc in the first stitch. Scblo in each stitch across the row until the last stitch. Sc in the last stitch. Ch 1. Turn. (27 st)
Row 3 and 4: Repeat Row 2.
Row 5: Hdc in the first stitch and in each stitch across the row. Ch 1. Turn. (27 st)
Row 6: Repeat Row 5. (27 st)
Row 7 – 10: Repeat Row 2. (27 st)
Row 11 – 12: Repeat Row 5. (27 st)
Row 13 – 16: Repeat Row 2. (27 st)
Row 17 – 18: Repeat Row 5. (27 st)
Row 19 – 22: Repeat Row 2. (27 st)
Fasten off and weave in ends.
Written by lakeviewcottagekids
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
- Get Your Free Copy of The Winter Ice Dischcloth Pattern on January 24th, 2023
- Get This Beautiful Bulky Scarf Pattern for FREE January 4, 2023!!
- And, The New Year’s Resolution Blog Hop Starts Tomorrow, January 1, 2023, too!!!
- Coming on January 1, 2023!! The Winter Washcloth Series Blog Hop!!
- New Christmas Stocking with Bobbles Pattern
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
Take a Look Around!
- **Start Here**
- A Little About Me!!
- Autumn Crochet Projects
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- Baby Hat Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Projects
- Coming Soon
- Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Disclosure Page
- Easter Crochet Projects
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- Fun Patterns for All Seasons!!
- Holiday Projects
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Learn New Crochet Stitches
- My Amazon Shop
- My Etsy Shop
- My LoveCrafts Shop
- My Podcasts
- My Ravelry Store
- Pattern Tester Application Page
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Projects
- Summer Crochet Projects
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Projects
- Video Tutorials
More Places To Connect!
Grab a Button!!!
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, crocheter and CEO behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!
Leave a Reply