The “Becky” Cowl!!!How To's . Patterns-Cowls . Patterns-Scarves
There are times when I want to wear a big, long, bulky scarf or cowl. Then there are times when I want a small, neck-hugging cowl the is easy to put on, easy to wear and, yet, keeps my neck nice and toasty warm! Well, today I have a beautiful new cowl design, called the “Becky” Cowl!! It is one of a few of this style of cowl that I will be offering here in the next few days.
Here is the new FREE “Becky” Cowl!!
Lakeview Cottage Kids
Cute and Cozy Items for Kids and Those Who Love ThemThe “Becky” Cowl
Adult Size – One Size Fits Most
(This post contains “affiliate links”. Check my Disclosure page for more information.)
Designed By: Christine Longe of Lakeview Cottage Kids
The photographs and patterns included in this document are the property of Lakeview Cottage Kids. Any reproduction, copying or sharing of this pattern is not allowed. Items made using this pattern may be sold, but please give credit to Lakeview Cottage Kids.
Lakeview Cottage Kids
Adult – One Size Fits Most
– 1 skein Aran weight (#4) yarn, Red Heart Super Saver Ombre, (Color – Fushia).
(This yarn is 100% Acrylic Yarn; Machine Washable.)
– Crochet Hook, Size I/5.50 mm
– Yarn Needle (Used for working in loose yarn ends.)
Slip Stitch – sl st
Chain Stitch – ch
Single Crochet – sc
Half Double Crochet – hdc
Gauge: 4 – inch square = 6 rows of double crochet stitches and 11 double crochet stitches in a 4 inch row
Finished Size: 6.5 inches x 11 inches (when seamed)
Using the “I” Hook, ch 56.
(You will be working a flat fabric for the first 3 rows.)
Row 1: Sc in the 2nd ch from the hook. Then sc in each chain across the row. Ch 1. Turn. (55 st)
Row 2: Skip the stitch under the Ch 1. *Work 2 hdc in the next stitch, skip next stitch*. Repeat from * to * all the way around. Ch 1. Turn.
Row 3: *Work 2 hdc in the space between the 2 hdc*. Repeat from * to * all the way around. Connect to make a circle by making a sl st in the first st. Ch 1.
Row 4: *Work 2 hdc in the space between the 2 hdc*. Repeat from * to * all the way around. Sl St to first stitch to join. Ch 1.
Row 5 – 14: Repeat Row 4.
Row 15: Sc in the 2nd ch from the hook. Then sc in each chain across the row. Sl st to first st. Ch 1. (55 st)
Fasten off and weave in end.
Go to beginning rows of cowl. Seam the small area of first 3 rows. Fasten off and weave in end.
Best Wishes and Stay Cozy!!
Written by lakeviewcottagekids
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
- Get Your Free Copy of The Winter Ice Dischcloth Pattern on January 24th, 2023
- Get This Beautiful Bulky Scarf Pattern for FREE January 4, 2023!!
- And, The New Year’s Resolution Blog Hop Starts Tomorrow, January 1, 2023, too!!!
- Coming on January 1, 2023!! The Winter Washcloth Series Blog Hop!!
- New Christmas Stocking with Bobbles Pattern
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
Take a Look Around!
- **Start Here**
- A Little About Me!!
- Autumn Crochet Projects
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- Baby Hat Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Projects
- Coming Soon
- Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Disclosure Page
- Easter Crochet Projects
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- Fun Patterns for All Seasons!!
- Holiday Projects
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Learn New Crochet Stitches
- My Amazon Shop
- My Etsy Shop
- My LoveCrafts Shop
- My Podcasts
- My Ravelry Store
- Pattern Tester Application Page
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Projects
- Summer Crochet Projects
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Projects
- Video Tutorials
More Places To Connect!
Grab a Button!!!
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, crocheter and CEO behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!