“Half Double Crochet” Winter Set – Free Twisted Cowl PatternHow To's . Patterns-Cowls . Video Tutorials
The second piece to my “Half Double Crochet” Winter Set is the Twisted Cowl. It is just the perfect accessory to keep your neck warm from that cold winter wind, all the while looking so stylish!! Again, it is one of the four pieces made from one skein of yarn and is made using almost entirely the half double crochet stitch.
(I just wanted to let you know that this post contains “affiliate links”. That means that if you click through and make a purchase from any of those links, I will get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for your continued support! You can check my Disclosure page for more information.)
If you would like to learn or review the Half Double Crochet Stitch, check out my Video Tutorial here!
I really like the effect of the variegated yarn and the lovely, and easy, stitch. Enjoy making this fun, soft and warm twisted cowl!!
The “Half Double Crochet” Winter Set – Twisted Cowl
(Beanie, Twisted Cowl, Headwarmer,
One Size – Adult
Designed By: Christine Longe of Lakeview Cottage Kids
Adult – Woman
Materials Needed: (For the Entire Set!!)
- 1 (7 oz.) (328 yards) skein Bulky (#5) Premier “Puzzle” Yarn; Color: Dominoes (100% Acrylic)
- Crochet Hook, Size J/6.00 mm
- Yarn Needle (Used for working in loose yarn ends.)
Chain – ch
Half Double Crochet – hdc
Gauge: 4 inches = 10 half double crochet stitches and 4 inches = 6 3/4 rows
(I crochet pretty loosely. If you crochet tighter, you may want to adjust to a larger hook to get your desired size.)
Finished Size of Twisted Cowl: (Unstretched) : 8 inches wide x approximately 28 inches long (before twisting and seaming)
To make the entire set, you only need one skein of this lovely yarn!!
This twisted cowl is perfect for anyone attempting to make their first cowl!
Twisted Cowl Pattern
Row 1: Chain 21.
Row 2: Work 1 hdc in the first chain. Work 1 hdc in each chain across the row. Ch 1. Turn. (20 hdc)
Repeat Row 2 until the fabric is approximately 28 inches long.
Do not finish off yarn.
Set scarf on a table and take one end and twist it twice. Match the right side of both short ends together.
Create seam using a single crochet stitch that is worked through both ends of the fabric.
End with a Ch 1. Fasten off yarn and work in ends.
Turn cowl so the the seam is on the inside.
Your cowl is ready to wear!!
Enjoy your lovely new twisted cowl!
Written by lakeviewcottagekids
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
- Get Your Free Copy of The Winter Ice Dischcloth Pattern on January 24th, 2023
- Get This Beautiful Bulky Scarf Pattern for FREE January 4, 2023!!
- And, The New Year’s Resolution Blog Hop Starts Tomorrow, January 1, 2023, too!!!
- Coming on January 1, 2023!! The Winter Washcloth Series Blog Hop!!
- New Christmas Stocking with Bobbles Pattern
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
Take a Look Around!
- **Start Here**
- A Little About Me!!
- Autumn Crochet Projects
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- Baby Hat Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Projects
- Coming Soon
- Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Disclosure Page
- Easter Crochet Projects
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- Fun Patterns for All Seasons!!
- Holiday Projects
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Learn New Crochet Stitches
- My Amazon Shop
- My Etsy Shop
- My LoveCrafts Shop
- My Podcasts
- My Ravelry Store
- Pattern Tester Application Page
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Projects
- Summer Crochet Projects
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Projects
- Video Tutorials
More Places To Connect!
Grab a Button!!!
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, crocheter and CEO behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!