Introducing “The Winter Shades of Blue” Ribbed Scarf PatternPatterns-Scarves
The “Winter Shades of Blue” Ribbed Scarf
One Size – Adult
Designed By: Christine Longe of Lakeview Cottage Kids
The photographs and patterns included in this document are the property of Lakeview Cottage Kids. Any reproduction, copying or sharing of this pattern or photo is not allowed. Items made using this pattern may be sold, but please give credit to Lakeview Cottage Kids.
Lakeview Cottage Kids
Adult – Woman
- 1 (10 oz.) (482 yards) skein Aran weight (#4) Red Heart “Super Saver Ombre” Yarn; Color: True Blue
- Crochet Hook, Size I/5.50 mm
- Yarn Needle (Used for working in loose yarn ends.)
Foundation Single Crochet – fsc
Half Double Crochet in the Back Loop Only – hdcblo
Single Crochet – sc
Gauge: In this particular project, gauge is not as important as some, since it is not a fitted garment.
(I crochet pretty loosely. If you crochet tighter, you may want to adjust to a larger hook to get your desired size.)
Finished Size (Unstretched) : 84 inches long x 5 1/2 inches wide)
This stitch pattern is made using any number of chains. I used 225 Foundation Single Crochets but you can do a regular chain.
After the Foundation Single Crochet row, all half double crochet stitches for each row are done in the “Back Loop Only”. (hdcblo). By using the “Back Loop Only” you will form the lovely ribbed look of the scarf.
( I have created a YouTube Video Tutorial for the Foundation Single Crochet Stitch. Click this link to view it!
This scarf pattern uses the entire skein of yarn.
Using the I Hook, Chain 225, using the Foundation Single Crochet stitch. Ch 1. Turn.
Row 1: Work 1 hdcblo in the first back loop from the hook. Work a hdcblo in each stitch across the row. Ch 1. Turn. (225 stitches)
Row 2: Work 1 hdcblo in the first stitch (base of the Ch 1) and in each stitch all the way across the row. Ch 1. Turn. (225 stitches)
Row 3 – 12: Repeat Row 2. (225 stitches)
Row 13: Single crochet in each stitch across. Ch 1. (225 stitches)
Fasten off yarn. Work in loose ends.
Enjoy your lovey new ribbed scarf!
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
Welcome to “Lakeview Cottage Kids”
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, and crocheter behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!
- Blankets and Afghans (19)
- Blog Hops (5)
- Crochetpreneur Business Academy (1)
- Earwarmers (1)
- Fleece Linings for Hats (3)
- How To's (10)
- Inspirational Quotes (1)
- Link Parties (2)
- News (127)
- Pattern-Coffee Cozies (2)
- Patterns – All Sizes (9)
- Patterns – Autumn (5)
- Patterns – Blankets and Afghans (20)
- Patterns – Christmas (1)
- Patterns – Decor (16)
- Patterns – Dishcloths and Hot Pads (2)
- Patterns – Embellishments (7)
- Patterns – Gloves, Mittens, Wristwarmers, Fingerless Gloves (3)
- Patterns – Hats – Adult Women (14)
- Patterns – Hats – Baby (19)
- Patterns – Hats – Children (9)
- Patterns – Purses (3)
- Patterns – Scrunchies (2)
- Patterns – Valentine's Day (2)
- Patterns-Baskets (1)
- Patterns-Cowls (21)
- Patterns-Hats (15)
- Patterns-Scarves (21)
- Patterns-Shawls and Wraps (4)
- Ready Made Hats (1)
- Roundups (7)
- Video Tutorials (16)
- Would you like to be a Pattern Tester for Lakeview Cottage Kids?
- October Is SO BUSY!!!!! The “October Fall Fashion Blog Hop” is Coming, Too!!!!
- The “Autumn Exclusives” Blog Hop is Coming in October!!
- The “Hope” Beanie | The Crochet Cancer Challenge Starts October 1, 2021!!!!
- The “Crochet Cancer Challenge 2021” Is Almost Here!!!!
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- July 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- March 2018
- November 2017
- July 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
- **Start Here**
- Free Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Video Tutorials
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- My account
- Disclosure Page
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- My Etsy Shop
- My Amazon Shop
- Pattern Tester Application Page