Welcome Autumn with the “Crochet Pumpkin”!!!Patterns - Autumn . Patterns - Decor
This little pumpkin is so easy and quick to make! I think you will love it and may become addicted to making many of them for yourself and friends! Enjoy!
Be sure to check out my video tutorials about making this adorable little pumpkin!!
(This post contains “affiliate links”. Check my Disclosure page for more information.)
Designed By: Christine Longe of Lakeview Cottage Kids
The photographs and patterns included in this document are the property of Lakeview Cottage Kids. Any reproduction, copying or sharing of this pattern or photo is not allowed. Items made using this pattern may be sold, but please give credit to Lakeview Cottage Kids.
Lakeview Cottage Kids
- 1 skein (I made 5 pumpkins from 1 skein) Aran weight (#4) yarn (Any orange, toffee, beige works) (I used “Vanna’s Choice” for this hat.)
- Small amount of Aran weight (#4) yarn in Dusty Green for the stem (Again, I used “Vanna’s Choice”.)
– Small amount of polyester fiberfill (Used to stuff the pumpkin.)
- 2 feet of raffia or twine
- Crochet Hook, Size I (for pumpkin)
- Crochet Hook, Size G (for stem)
– Yarn Needle (Used for gathering each end of the fabric, working in loose yarn ends and for sewing the stem to the hat.)
Size: One Size
Row 1: In the second chain from the hook, work a single crochet in the back loop only (scblo). Work scblo in each chain across. (16 st) Ch 1. Turn.
Row 2 – 25: Repeat Row 1. (16 st in each row.)
Do NOT fasten off.
Match the short ends of the fabric that you have created and seam them together using a slip stitch at the end of each row and through both layers of fabric. (You should have approximately 25 slip stitches.).
Turn so that the seam is on the inside.
Do NOT fasten off yarn.
Using the yarn needle, work a running stitch around the opening of the pumpkin and pull snuggly. Keep yarn on needle and allow to dangle on outside of pumpkin for now.
Stuff the polyester fibrefill into the pumpkin until it feels nice and full.
Push the needle with yarn, up and through the fibrefill inside of the pumpkin. When you reach the other side of the pumpkin, pull the yarn tightly and work a running stitch around the opening and pull the yarn snugly so that you close the opening completely. Knot and fasten off. Work in loose end.
Using Green yarn and the Size G Crochet Hook, create an I-cord about 1 inch long. Fasten off and leave a length of yarn about 5 inches long. The beginning of the I-cord will be the top of the stem and the length of yarn at the beginning should be pulled into the inside of the stem using the needle. (This finishes off the top of the stem.)
Using the yarn needle, sew the bottom of the I-cord to the top centre of the pumpkin, fasten off and work in ends.
Tie the raffia around the bottom of the stem and make it into a bow.
And, there you have it!! Such a cute decor item ready to decorate you home or for you to give as a lovely gift to family and friends!!
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
Welcome to “Lakeview Cottage Kids”
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, and crocheter behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!
- Blankets and Afghans (11)
- Blog Hops (4)
- Crochetpreneur Business Academy (1)
- Fleece Linings for Hats (2)
- How To's (2)
- Link Parties (2)
- News (113)
- Pattern-Coffee Cozies (1)
- Patterns – All Sizes (7)
- Patterns – Autumn (5)
- Patterns – Blankets and Afghans (12)
- Patterns – Christmas (1)
- Patterns – Decor (14)
- Patterns – Embellishments (7)
- Patterns – Gloves, Mittens, Wristwarmers, Fingerless Gloves (2)
- Patterns – Hats – Adult Women (11)
- Patterns – Hats – Baby (17)
- Patterns – Hats – Children (7)
- Patterns – Purses (2)
- Patterns – Scrunchies (1)
- Patterns – Valentine's Day (1)
- Patterns-Cowls (15)
- Patterns-Hats (12)
- Patterns-Scarves (16)
- Patterns-Shawls and Wraps (3)
- Ready Made Hats (1)
- Roundups (5)
- Video Tutorials (10)
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- July 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- March 2018
- November 2017
- July 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
- **Start Here**
- Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Video Tutorials
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- My account
- Disclosure Page
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- My Etsy Shop