The “Sebastian” Crochet Blanket — Free PatternBlankets and Afghans . Patterns - Blankets and Afghans
This blanket is a little larger than many that I design. It certainly can be used for a baby, but is a wonderful size for children and for adults as they sit in their favorite chair, watching tv. It is made with a very easy stitch pattern called, “alternate double clusters”.
I think you will love the finished blanket for yourself, your child or as a gift! You will probably want to make many more than just one!! Enjoy the pattern!!
“Sebastian” Crochet Blanket
Designed By: Christine Longe of Lakeview Cottage Kids
The photographs and patterns included in this document are the property of Lakeview Cottage Kids. Any reproduction, copying or sharing of this pattern is not allowed. Items made using this pattern may be sold, but please give credit to Lakeview Cottage Kids.
Lakeview Cottage Kids
(You can purchase the ad-free, printable PDF of this pattern on Etsy!!)
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Size: One Size
– 2 Yarnspirations Caron One Pound Skeins (I used an entire skein of (Color A) Sky Blue and 1 skein of (Color B) Cream
– Crochet Hook: Size “I”
– Yarn Needle (Used for working in loose yarn ends.)
Finished Size: Approximately 43 inches x 45 inches
Stitches Used in the Pattern:
–- ch = chain
–- sl st = slip stitch
–- dc = double crochet
— dctog = double crochets together
Note: The combination of double crochet stitches in this blanket pattern create what are called “alternate double clusters”. And, to use this stitch to make a different sized blanket, chain an odd number of chains (of your choice) and add 3 more chains for the foundation chain.
***How to work a dctog:
– Yarn over, insert crochet hook into stitch, yarn over and pull through, yarn over and pull through 2 stitches, yarn over, insert crochet hook into stitch, yarn over and pull through, yarn over and pull through 2 stitches, yarn over, insert crochet hook into stitch, yarn over and pull through, yarn over and pull through 2 stitches, yarn over and pull through 4 stitches on the hook.
- Using (Color A) Sky Blue, ”Chain 102 chains (99 stitches for the row and 3 chains added for this foundation chain)
Row 1: In the 4th chain from the hook, work 3 dctog. *Ch 1, skip 1 ch and work 3 dctog
, all in the next ch*. Repeat from * to * across the row. Turn.
Row 2: Ch 1. Skip the first 3 dctog (cluster). *Work 3 dctog in the next ch 1 space, ch 1, skip the next 3 dctog (cluster).*. Repeat from * to *. Be sure to end with with the last 3 dctog (cluster) worked under the ch 3. Turn.
Rows 3 – 9: Repeat Row 2 using (Color A) Sky Blue.
Rows 10 – 21: Repeat Row 2 using (Color B) Cream.
Rows 22 – 41: Repeat Row 2 using (Color A) Sky Blue.
Rows 42 – 61: Repeat Row 2 using (Color B) Cream.
This blanket does not have an additional border.
Fasten off and weave in the ends.
Hope you enjoy your new and cozy blanket!!!
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
Welcome to “Lakeview Cottage Kids”
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, and crocheter behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!
- Blankets and Afghans (14)
- Blog Hops (4)
- Crochetpreneur Business Academy (1)
- Earwarmers (1)
- Fleece Linings for Hats (3)
- How To's (10)
- Inspirational Quotes (1)
- Link Parties (2)
- News (120)
- Pattern-Coffee Cozies (2)
- Patterns – All Sizes (8)
- Patterns – Autumn (5)
- Patterns – Blankets and Afghans (15)
- Patterns – Christmas (1)
- Patterns – Decor (16)
- Patterns – Embellishments (7)
- Patterns – Gloves, Mittens, Wristwarmers, Fingerless Gloves (3)
- Patterns – Hats – Adult Women (14)
- Patterns – Hats – Baby (19)
- Patterns – Hats – Children (9)
- Patterns – Purses (3)
- Patterns – Scrunchies (2)
- Patterns – Valentine's Day (2)
- Patterns-Baskets (1)
- Patterns-Cowls (21)
- Patterns-Hats (15)
- Patterns-Scarves (20)
- Patterns-Shawls and Wraps (3)
- Ready Made Hats (1)
- Roundups (7)
- Video Tutorials (16)
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- July 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- March 2018
- November 2017
- July 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
- **Start Here**
- Free Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Video Tutorials
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- My account
- Disclosure Page
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- My Etsy Shop