Crochet Shawl Pattern
Designed By: Christine Longe of Lakeview Cottage Kids
The photographs and patterns included in this document are the property of Lakeview Cottage Kids. Any reproduction, copying or sharing of this pattern is not allowed. Items made using this pattern may be sold, but please give credit to Lakeview Cottage Kids.
Lakeview Cottage Kids
(You can purchase the ad-free, printable PDF of this pattern on Etsy!!)
– 1 cake Lion Brand Mandala Yarn in “Wizard”
– Crochet Hook, Size F/3.75 mm
– Yarn Needle (Used for working in loose yarn ends.)
Gauge is not a concern with this project since it is not a fitted accessory.
Stitch Abbreviations: (US Terms)
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
- Using “F” Hook,
- Row 1: Using the “Magic Circle”, work 2 dc, 3 ch, 2 dc. Turn.
- Row 2: Ch 3. Dc in same stitch as Ch 3. Dc in the next dc. In the Ch 3 space, work 2 dc, Ch 3, 2 dc. Dc in the next dc. Work 2 dc in the Ch 3. Turn.
- Row 3: Ch 3. Dc in the same stitch as the Ch 3. Dc in the next 4 stitches. In the Ch 3 space, work 2 dc, Ch 3, 2 dc. Work 1 dc in each of the next 4 stitches. Work 2 dc in the top of the Ch 3. Turn.
- Row 4: Ch 3. Dc in the same stitch as the Ch 3. Dc in the next 7 stitches. In the Ch 3 space, work 2 dc, Ch 3, 2 dc. Work 1 dc in each of the next 7 stitches. Work 2 dc in the top of the Ch 3. Turn.
- Row 5: Ch 3. Dc in the same stitch as the Ch 2. Dc in the next 10 dc. In the Ch 3 space, work 2 dc, Ch 3, 2 dc. Work 1 dc in each of the next 10 stitches. Work 2 dc in the top of the Ch 3. Turn.
You will notice that the pattern of stitches is that there are always 2 dc (including the Ch 3) at the beginning of a row. Then dc in each dc up to the Ch 3 space. 2 dc, Ch 3, 2 dc in the Ch 3 space (looks like a round hole in the middle of each row). Dc in each dc up to the top of the Ch 3. Then 2 dc in the top of the Ch 3 space. This pattern will continue for each row for the entire shawl. Each row should be increasing by 6.
- Row 6 – 47: Continue working in the pattern for each row of the shawl.
- Row 48: For this last row, continue in pattern, BUT, instead of working dc’s, work sc instead.
Fasten off and weave in ends.
Written by lakeviewcottagekids
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
Take a Look Around!
- **Start Here**
- Autumn Crochet Projects
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- Baby Hat Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Projects
- Coming Soon
- Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Disclosure Page
- Easter Crochet Projects
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- Fun Patterns for All Seasons!!
- Holiday Projects
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Learn New Crochet Stitches
- My Amazon Shop
- My Etsy Shop
- My LoveCrafts Shop
- My Podcasts
- My Ravelry Store
- Pattern Tester Application Page
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Projects
- Summer Crochet Projects
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Projects
- Video Tutorials
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, crocheter and CEO behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!