Free Pattern: The Ripple Stitch Baby BlanketBlankets and Afghans . Patterns - Blankets and Afghans
Crochet Baby Blanket
“Ripple Stitch Baby Blanket”
By: Christine Longe
Lakeview Cottage Kids
As part of my new Spring baby blanket series, I have created the “Ripple Stitch” Blanket! It has a wonderful texture, is easy to make and is so snuggly for the newborn! I think you may want to add this one to your heirloom collection!!
The photographs and patterns included in this document are the property of Lakeview Cottage Kids. Any reproduction, copying or sharing of this pattern or photo is not allowed. Items made using this pattern may be sold, but please give credit to Lakeview Cottage Kids.
Lakeview Cottage Kids
(You can purchase the ad-free, printable PDF of this pattern on Etsy!!)
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Size: One Size
– 2 Yarnspirations Caron One Pound Skeins (I used an entire skein of (Color A) Cream and about 1/4 of the second skein in (Color B) Sky Blue
– Crochet Hook: Size “I”
– Yarn Needle (Used for working in loose yarn ends.)
Finished Size: Approximately 36 inches x 33 inches
Stitches Used in the Pattern:
– ch = chain
– sl st = slip stitch
– sc = single crochet
– dc = double crochet
- With “I” Hook, Using Color A – Cream, Ch 102.
Row 1: Work 2 dc in the 3rd ch from the hook. *Skip 2 ch, work 1 sc and 2 dc in the next ch.* Repeat from * to * across the row to the last 3 stitches. Skip the next 2 st. Work 1 sc in the last ch. Turn. (99 st)
Row 2: Ch 2. Work 2 dc in the first sc. *Skip 2 dc and work 1 sc and 2 dc in the next sc.* Repeat from * to * across the row to the last 3 st. Skip 2 dc and work 1 sc in the top of ch 2. (99 st)
Row 3 – 64: Repeat Row 2. (99 st)
Row 65: (Change to Color B – Sky Blue) Repeat Row 2. (99 st)
Row 66 – 72: Repeat Row 2. (99 st). Do not fasten off yarn.
(You are now at the first corner of the blanket and entire border is done using Color B – Sky Blue.)
Row 1: Work 2 sc in the corner st (first corner of the blanket). Work 1 sc in each st across the first side of the blanket. Work 3 sc in the second corner of the blanket. Work 1 sc in each st across the second side of the blanket. Work 3 sc in the third corner of the blanket. Work 1 sc in each stitch across the third side of the blanket. Work 3 sc in the fourth corner of the blanket. Work 1 sc in each stitch across the fourth side of the blanket, ending with 1 more stitch in the first corner. Slip stitch to the first stitch in the corner. Ch 1. Do not turn.
Row 2: Repeat Row 1. Fasten off and weave in ends.
Written by lakeviewcottagekids
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
- Get Your Free Copy of The Winter Ice Dischcloth Pattern on January 24th, 2023
- Get This Beautiful Bulky Scarf Pattern for FREE January 4, 2023!!
- And, The New Year’s Resolution Blog Hop Starts Tomorrow, January 1, 2023, too!!!
- Coming on January 1, 2023!! The Winter Washcloth Series Blog Hop!!
- New Christmas Stocking with Bobbles Pattern
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
Take a Look Around!
- **Start Here**
- A Little About Me!!
- Autumn Crochet Projects
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- Baby Hat Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Projects
- Coming Soon
- Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Disclosure Page
- Easter Crochet Projects
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- Fun Patterns for All Seasons!!
- Holiday Projects
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Learn New Crochet Stitches
- My Amazon Shop
- My Etsy Shop
- My LoveCrafts Shop
- My Podcasts
- My Ravelry Store
- Pattern Tester Application Page
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Projects
- Summer Crochet Projects
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Projects
- Video Tutorials
More Places To Connect!
Grab a Button!!!
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, crocheter and CEO behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!