New Crochet Cowl Pattern – The “Tulip Stitch” CowlPatterns-Cowls . Patterns-Scarves
“Tulip Stitch Cowl”
Designed By: Christine Longe of Lakeview Cottage Kids
The photographs and patterns included in this document are the property of Lakeview Cottage Kids. Any reproduction, copying or sharing of this pattern is not allowed. Items made using this pattern may be sold, but please give credit to Lakeview Cottage Kids.
Lakeview Cottage Kids
– 1 skein Yarn Bee “Soft Secret Yarn” in “Pale Aqua”
– Crochet Hook, Size I/5.50 mm
– Yarn Needle (Used for working in loose yarn ends.)
Gauge: Gauge is not a major concern with this cowl as it is not a fitted accessory.
Finished Measurements: 8.5 inches tall x 14 inches wide (when folded). 28 inches wide before seaming
Stitch Abbreviations: (US Terms)
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- ch = chain
- Using “I” Hook, Ch 85.
Row 1: Work 3 dc in 5th ch from the hook, skip 3 ch, 1sc in next ch, *3 ch, 3dc in same ch as last sc, skip 3 ch, 1 sc in next ch*. Repeat from * to * all the way across row, ending with 1 sc in last ch. Turn.
Row 2: Ch 4, 3 dc in first of these 4 ch, skip (1sc, 3 dc). Work 1 sc in 3 ch space, and *3 ch, 3 dc in same ch space as last sc, skip (1 sc, 3 dc). Work 1 sc in next 3 ch sp*. Repeat from * to *. Work the last sc under 4 ch. Turn.
Row 3 – 13: Repeat Row 2.
You have now completed the flat piece of fabric.
DO NOT fasten off yarn.
To connect both sides together, place right sides together. Continuing to use working yarn and going through both layers of fabric, work 3 sc in first space. *Work 1 sc in next space, work 3 sc in next space*. Repeat from * to * across to end of fabric. This seams both ends of cowl together and creates the circle of fabric.
DO NOT fasten off yarn.
Turn cowl right side out. Work 3 sc in each space around the edge of the cowl. Slip stitch into first sc. (120 sc)
— Fasten off yarn and weave in loose ends.
Written by lakeviewcottagekids
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
- Get Your Free Copy of The Winter Ice Dischcloth Pattern on January 24th, 2023
- Get This Beautiful Bulky Scarf Pattern for FREE January 4, 2023!!
- And, The New Year’s Resolution Blog Hop Starts Tomorrow, January 1, 2023, too!!!
- Coming on January 1, 2023!! The Winter Washcloth Series Blog Hop!!
- New Christmas Stocking with Bobbles Pattern
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
Take a Look Around!
- **Start Here**
- A Little About Me!!
- Autumn Crochet Projects
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- Baby Hat Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Projects
- Coming Soon
- Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Disclosure Page
- Easter Crochet Projects
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- Fun Patterns for All Seasons!!
- Holiday Projects
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Learn New Crochet Stitches
- My Amazon Shop
- My Etsy Shop
- My LoveCrafts Shop
- My Podcasts
- My Ravelry Store
- Pattern Tester Application Page
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Projects
- Summer Crochet Projects
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Projects
- Video Tutorials
More Places To Connect!
Grab a Button!!!
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, crocheter and CEO behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!