“Hygge Soft Rose Cowl”
By: Christine Longe
(I just wanted to let you know that this post contains “affiliate links”. That means that if you click through and make a purchase from any of those links, I will get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for your continued support! You can check my Disclosure page for more information.)
This wonderfully soft and beautifully colored cowl is a perfect addition to your “hygge” experience, whether you are out and about on a snowy afternoon walk or if you are home snuggled into your favorite chair, nestled by the fireplace, drinking a delightfully satisfying cup of tea and reading a book or working on a new crochet project.
“Hygge” (pronounced “hoo-gah”) is a Danish word that basically means cozy comfort and contentment! Just hearing that makes me feel good! It has been a way of life in Denmark for hundreds of years, but really picked up traction in the United States in 2018.
To keep in step with this trend, Red Heart Yarns created “Hygge” Yarns in just beautiful colors….and it feels heavenly!!! (70 % acrylic and 30 % nylon.). Definitely “hygge”!!!! This pattern is so easy and so beautiful and so soft…..you will absolutely love it! So, here it is!!!
Designed By: Christine Longe of Lakeview Cottage Kids
The photographs and patterns included in this document are the property of Lakeview Cottage Kids. Any reproduction, copying or sharing of this pattern or photo is not allowed. Items made using this pattern may be sold, but please give credit to Lakeview Cottage Kids.
Lakeview Cottage Kids
Skill Level: Easy/Beginner
Size: One Size
– 1 skein (5 oz./141 grams/132 yards/121 m) Hygge Yarn (The color that I used is called “Powder”.)
– Crochet Hook, Size I/5.50 mm
– Yarn Needle (Used for working in loose yarn ends.)
Gauge: 5 sc/dc clusters = 4 inches wide; 5 sc/dc clusters = 4 inches tall
(I crochet pretty loosely. If you crochet tighter, you may want to adjust to a larger hook to get your desired size.)
Finished Size: 5 1/4 inches x 16 1/4 inches (when complete – folded and laying flat)
Stitches Used in the Pattern:
– fsc = foundation single crochet
– ch = chain
– sc = single crochet
– dc = double crochet
– sl st = slip stitch
– sc/dc cluster = single crochet/double crochet cluster
**This pattern uses the “Suzette Stitch”. It is also called the “Thicket Stitch”. To make it, you must chain a “multiple of 2”. So if you would like a wider or narrower cowl, just adjust to more or less chains in a multiple of 2.
Click HERE to view my YouTube video tutorial on the “Suzette” Stitch.
- With “I” Hook, and using the Foundation Single Crochet Stitch, Ch 80 stitches. Ch 1. Turn.
Row 1: Sc in first stitch, dc in same first stitch. (This forms what I call a “cluster”. *Skip 1 st. Sc and dc in next stitch.* Repeat from * to * to end of row. The last cluster of sc, dc will be in the last stitch of the row. Ch 1. (80 st)
Row 2: *Skip first stitch (this is a dc), sc in second stitch (this is a sc), dc in the same stitch.*. Repeat from * to * to end of row. The last cluster of sc, dc will be in the last stitch of the row. Ch 1. Turn. (80 st)
Row 3 – 10: Repeat Row 2.
Row 11: Work 1 sc in first stitch. Work 1 sc in each stitch across the row. Ch 1. Do not fasten off yarn. (80 st)
You now have a flat piece of fabric that is so soft and drapes beautifully!!!
To connect the ends together to form a circular cowl, bring right sides together. Match ends together and using sc, work sc evenly across to seam both ends together. Be sure to catch both sides of fabric. You will have approximately 14 to 15 sc to seam it together. Ch 1.
Fasten off yarn. Weave in ends.
You are done!! Enjoy the “hygge” lifestyle, wearing this lovely cowl!
Written by lakeviewcottagekids
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
- Get Your Free Copy of The Winter Ice Dischcloth Pattern on January 24th, 2023
- Get This Beautiful Bulky Scarf Pattern for FREE January 4, 2023!!
- And, The New Year’s Resolution Blog Hop Starts Tomorrow, January 1, 2023, too!!!
- Coming on January 1, 2023!! The Winter Washcloth Series Blog Hop!!
- New Christmas Stocking with Bobbles Pattern
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
Take a Look Around!
- **Start Here**
- A Little About Me!!
- Autumn Crochet Projects
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- Baby Hat Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Projects
- Coming Soon
- Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Disclosure Page
- Easter Crochet Projects
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- Fun Patterns for All Seasons!!
- Holiday Projects
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Learn New Crochet Stitches
- My Amazon Shop
- My Etsy Shop
- My LoveCrafts Shop
- My Podcasts
- My Ravelry Store
- Pattern Tester Application Page
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Projects
- Summer Crochet Projects
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Projects
- Video Tutorials
More Places To Connect!
Grab a Button!!!
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, crocheter and CEO behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!