Messy Bun (Ponytail) Hat Pattern Now Available!Patterns - Hats - Adult Women
Of course, everyone has been developing patterns for a messy bun hat, and I now have one available! It isn’t real elaborate. Actually, it is quite basic but looks quite nice! It uses only single and half double crochets. Hope you like it!
(I just wanted to let you know that this post contains “affiliate links”. That means that if you click through and make a purchase from any of those links, I will get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for your continued support! You can check my Disclosure page for more information.)
(This hat is made from the bottom up, starting with the ribbing.)
Ribbing: (Using G Hook)
– Chain 7.
Round 1: Single crochet all around the top of the ribbing. Do this by making a single crochet in the end of each ribbing row. Total: 50 single crochet stitches. When you reach the end of the round, slip stitch into the top of the first single crochet. Ch 1.
Round 2: Half double crochet in first stitch and all the way around. (Total: 50 cdc.) Ch 1.
Round 16: (Final Round) Single crochet around the elastic ponytail band and into each of the remaining single crochets. Ch 1. Cut yarn leaving approximately 7 – 8 inches. Pull yarn through stitch to secure. Work in any loose ends.
Written by lakeviewcottagekids
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Hi! I’m So Glad You’re Here!!
How to Add a Fleece Lining to a Hat
- Get Your Free Copy of The Winter Ice Dischcloth Pattern on January 24th, 2023
- Get This Beautiful Bulky Scarf Pattern for FREE January 4, 2023!!
- And, The New Year’s Resolution Blog Hop Starts Tomorrow, January 1, 2023, too!!!
- Coming on January 1, 2023!! The Winter Washcloth Series Blog Hop!!
- New Christmas Stocking with Bobbles Pattern
My Designs are on AllFreeCrochet!!!
So Fun “Dahlia” Flower!!!
Take a Look Around!
- **Start Here**
- A Little About Me!!
- Autumn Crochet Projects
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- Baby Hat Patterns
- Christmas Crochet Projects
- Coming Soon
- Crochet Patterns…Created by Me!!!
- Disclosure Page
- Easter Crochet Projects
- Free Crochet Patterns from Other Crochet Sites
- Fun Patterns for All Seasons!!
- Holiday Projects
- Join Us Here at Lakeview Cottage Kids!!
- Knitting Patterns…By Me!!!
- Learn New Crochet Stitches
- My Amazon Shop
- My Etsy Shop
- My LoveCrafts Shop
- My Podcasts
- My Ravelry Store
- Pattern Tester Application Page
- Premium Patterns……Created by Me
- Sites to Help Crochet Bloggers
- St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Projects
- Summer Crochet Projects
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Projects
- Video Tutorials
More Places To Connect!
Grab a Button!!!
I’m Chris, the artist, maker, designer, crocheter and CEO behind “Lakeview Cottage Kids”! Here you will find information about crochet and knitting, patterns that I hope you can’t wait to try, stitch tutorials, information on ready-made crochet and knit items and lots more!
I hope you will find lots of information that will help you on your crochet and knit journey. And, thanks for visiting the world of “Lakeview Cottage Kids”!
Thanks for the pattern! I'm going to give this a try……….
Hi Christine, if i do not want to add that elastic pony tail, how do i start crochet this adult hat?